Click on the flag above to change language or symbol for Videos, Facebook and Twitter
Trials - 21 September 2014
More info: Brochure
Welcome to the Leading International Football (Soccer) Youth Development Program: 'Asia Pacific Football Academy'
Facebook Page (Click Here)
APFA operates in association with Chelsea FC and combines academy operation with advice to others in developing thier own elite academies. It operates a full-time residential programme in partnership with Wellington Phoenix FC, in Wellington (Wellington Phoenix Football Academy) and is Oceania Football Confederation's Regional partner in developing elite national youth academies in the different countries of the Oceania Region.
Players (boys or girls) attending an APFA Academy can choose from a range of short-term training programs, including Intensive Football Development (train twice a day and experience the full-time Academy first-hand), Football plus English language learning (see Camps/Programs), or choose the unique full-time residential football academy that combines daily training with a full High School or University program. APFA is not a club nor does it "own" or register players. Instead it is a not-for-profit organisation that seeks to invest in talented youth players to reach their full potential and achieve their dreams. Scholarships and part-scholarships are available for selected players.
APFA's development programs focus on the individual player's development by working on their specific needs (see Player Devpt). The Academy's football training covers the core development areas of technical skills, tactical or game awareness, physical conditioning and mental strength and confidence, as well as incorporating the player's academic and social development needs.
A player can just focus on intensive football training or can combine this daily football training with short-term academic study programs such as Football & English Language, or even a full high school curriculum.
Asia Pacific Football Academy is very focused on Player Pathways - our core Programs are Pathway Driven, with a strong emphasis on finding players the right pathway and managing their oportunities to progress beyond APFA. This unique approach is now showing through in individual results to date, such that APFA now has a visible track record in developing elite football players. Since we started full time operations in 2010, 15 players have graduated from APFA to join Professional Club Academies in Europe or the USA/Mexico. 12 other graduates have gone on to US University scholarships or overseas elite development programs and 14 APFA players have represented their country in International Youth Teams.
- Adopting best international academy practices in elite football player development, including video analysis of player technique and performance
- Having highly qualified soccer coaching staff (See Staff)
- Utilising third-party expertise in specialist support areas (strength & conditioning, nutrition etc)
- Providing excellent dedicated academy training facilities
- Building on initial assessments to address the individual Player's specific needs as he progresses through the Academy
- Mixing the best with the best from different countries at daily football training held at the main Academy sites
- Maximising the time a player trains
- Balancing academy football training and school study, as well as all-round personal development
- Providing guidance and support for the range of football/soccer pathways beyond APFA, both for professional football careers and also University scholarships
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com